If you live in Michigan, a few simple modifications and a quick state inspection are all that's needed to get your SxS street legal! Our experienced team can get you compliant with Michigan form TR-54 in no time!
• Headlights (one each side, high and low beams)
• Turn signals (front and rear)
• Taillight (at least one, if equipped with two both must work)
• License plate light
• Brake lights
• Bright light indicator
• Windshield wipers
• Windshield washers
• Brakes (adequate to stop and hold the vehicle)
• Parking brake (required on ORV/UTV for on-road use)
• Safety belts (1965 and newer models)
WINDSHIELD AND MIRRORS
•Safety Glass (no plexiglass, sufficient size to protect driver and passengers, no cracks, no obstructions, non-transparent material prohibited)
• Outside rearview mirror on driver’s side (adjustable)
• Bumpers (required on passenger vehicles, 14 to 22 inches above the ground)
• Tires (2/32 inch tread, no exposed cord or tread separation, approved for highway use by D.O.T.)
• Exhaust (good working order, no excessive noise. Must include a tailpipe and resonator where the original design included a tailpipe and resonator)
• Differential gear
Watch Dan review Michigan TR-54 for Side by Side street legal requirements
Frequently Asked Questions about converting a SxS to be street legal in Michigan:
Q: Does D3 Customs sell parts online for street legal conversions?
A: Not at this time! But we do have plans to offer this in the future as soon as possible!
Q: Can D3 Customs perform all services required by the Michigan Form TR-54?
A: Yes as long as you bring your side by side to our shop in Michigan. Please call ahead for an appointment
Q: Does D3 work on all makes and models of side by sides?
A: Most models newer than year 2000. Please use the custom quote form to get more information!
Q: Do you offer a Michigan DOT approved parking brake?
A: Yes, however they are offered as an installed system only.